Sunday, March 6, 2011

And Hezbollah? I asked him. What are they?

And Hezbollah? I asked him. What are they?

Hezbollah. Uh, Hezbollah…

He laughed again, shifting in his seat.

Why do you ask me these questions at five oclock? Can I answer in Spanish? Do you speak Spanish?

Poquito, I said—a little.

Poquito?! He laughed again.

Go ahead, I said, talk to me about Sunnis and Shia in Spanish.

Reyes: Well, I, uh….

You see, Reyes has apparently never even heard of Hezbollah. You’d think he would have at least known

of them from when they blew up the Marine barracks in Lebanon in 1983, since they have been termed

“terrorists” by the US ever since that day.

There is nothing left to conclude except that Reyes has gone to work every day and literally not paid

attention for a second to his work. In fact, he can’t even have read a newspaper very many times in

the past decade, something over which the Democrats love to pick on the President. This will

(hopefully) go down in history lumped with the hilarity of Ted “Tubes” Stevens and the Foley fiasco

as proof that the government is staffed not with experts (even in their own fields!) and the pure of

heart, but with morons with the right connections who just want to show up and get their check.

No comments:

Post a Comment