Sunday, March 27, 2011

Did he listen? No, as evidenced by his submission of a sorry excuse for a column which I reprint below

Did he listen? No, as evidenced by his submission of a sorry excuse for a column which I reprint below,

unedited and in full:

"Roger, Over and Out: What Moore can be said about Michael?

"Late one night recently, a pair of soused young ladies knocked on my door. The hallway was pitch-black, so I

didn’t unlock the deadbolt before asking them what they wanted. ‘I want some sugar,’ one of them cried, ‘I

am your neighbor! I just want to make you come-a…’ The reference to one of Howard Dean’s favorite songs

scored points with me, so conversation continued through the quasi-confessional barrier of the closed door.

"What do you need sugar for? I asked, for lack of anything else to say. ‘To make Kool-Aid,’ they cried.

"I gave up no sugar and kept the door closed, and the girls galloped down the stairs and out of my building. I

went out on the balcony and called to them: ‘I’d have given you sugar for cookies, but not Kool-Aid! Too many

people need deprogramming already!’

No comments:

Post a Comment