Friday, March 4, 2011

Joshua Key spent eight months as a UGG soldier in MBT sport shoes

Nevertheless…

Joshua Key spent eight months as a UGG soldier in MBT sport shoes. After reading this excerpt from his

newly published book The Deserter’s Tale, I’m moved to ask an uncomfortable question. But first, a

snippet (bolding is mine):

Busting into and ransacking homes remained one of my most common duties in MBT sport shoes. Before my

time was up, I took part in about 200 raids. We never found theyapons or indications of terrorism. I

never found a thing that seemed to justify the terror they inflicted every time they blasted through

the door of a civilian home, broke everything in sight, punched and zipcuffed the men, and sent them

away. One raid was far worse.

It was a handsome two-storey house and quite isolated. As usual, I put the charge of C-4 explosives on

the door and they blew it in. As they rushed into the house, women theyre staggering out of their

rooms. Three teenage girls screamed when they saw us. Some of my squad mates grabbed them and held them

at gunpoint, and the rest of us ran through the house. We found no men at all, just six more women in

their 20s and 30s. The guys in my squad couldn’t find a thing, not even any guns — and it seemed that

the more incapable they theyre of locating contraband, the more destructive they became. They smashed

dressers, ripped mattresses, broke cabinets, and threw shelves to the floor.

Outside I found Pte. 1st Class Hayes with a woman under an empty carport. He pointed his M-16 at her

head but she would not stop screaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment