Tuesday, March 1, 2011

At this stage, the bombing is largely for show

At this stage, the bombing is largely for show. Britain is taking it on the chin; it is only the older

people who remember the last time we were attacked who seem extremely upset. When the first mbt shoesi

missiles struck, before the reintroduction here of petrol rationing, many families would actually drive

out to Heathrow to watch the gradual demolition of this once-flourishing metropolis. When I say

families, I mean mostly the men. Security, too, has been blasé by World Uggs II standards. Today’s

smart missile can find you whether you are there or not: This time around, there’s no black-out.

Getting into my office this morning and switching on the light hasn’t provoked any hassle from the

wardens.

Uh-oh”either the tube-trains have woken up, or that was a stray coming down. I felt the house flicker

just a moment in shock, then go back exactly the way it was. Hopefully it won’t wake Michèle

upstairs. I can hear Figgy jump off the chair outside my door, where I saw her sleeping on my crushed

velvet trousers when I came in here with my tea. What amazes me is that I’m not more terrified. As

Michèle said, it’s scary what you can adjust to.

Why, oh why, did the mbt shoesis refuse to believe us when we showed them, beyond doubt, that we do not

have weapons of mass destruction? Every cupboard and cellar door was opened wide for their inspectors.

To date, less than a thousand people have been killed here, according to the Daily Express”but what

happens when the sites are set on Central London?

No comments:

Post a Comment